Be it in clothes or hairstyles, the trend of the hour is bold, bright and glitzy colors and effects. Keeping in line with this trend, many women are adding swathes of color and sparkle to their hair. This glitter trend emerged in 2015 and soon proved to be more than just a passing one. It’s now common to see women (and some men) sporting glitter in their hair. Those who have raven black or platinum blond hair are able to carry off glitter very well, and the effect is dramatic, to say the least.
Different glitter looks
- Many women that come to hair salon for hair glitter applications prefer a wet-look, scraped back hairstyle and hair stylists recommend this for women who have short or long hair. It’s glamorous and the silver shimmer adds a pop to the hair.
- Another trend that is proving to be very popular is the deep-set side parting. Adding some glitter to this style lends it a very unique twist.
- We also suggest another stunning effect; you can pair a side parting with sparkling roots. You will find glitter of different grades- ranging from ultra-fine to grainy flakes. The latter can be mixed with clear gel before you dab it all over your hair roots, right along the parting. The best way to get a very even layer of glitter is to place a few loose pieces over gaps (if any).
- If you want to take this fashion statement one step further, you can try using torn flakes of silver/gold leaf. These can be randomly sprinkled all over the hair, somewhat like confetti. You simply have to place these pieces on your hair and fix them with hairspray. You can also use hair gel to keep the glitter in place, on your hair.
- Pairing glitter with pastel hair color and space buns creates a stunning look.
- Many women just dislike going to the salon each month to get the roots of their hair re-touched. But that’s something you don’t have to worry about if you plan to use hair glitter- you can simply apply it along your parting or even the rest of your hair- no one will even notice those different-colored hair roots.
- Many women also pair their glittering hairstyle with metallic eyes and use colors ranging from moss and amethyst to even bolder ones. When it comes to hair glitter, the bolder, the better!! Women are willing to experiment with different looks and we are more than happy to use our creativity to help them achieve the look they want.
Creating the right impact
Hair glitter is available in a range of shades. So you don’t really have to worry about getting bored with using a particular color. You can try anything from single-color glitter to multi-colored ones; try torn or star-shaped glitter or maybe a subtle golden color. While some women are of the opinion that it’s a very messy application, most aren’t too bothered about that aspect at all – and so, you will find glitter complementing curly locks and bangs, buns and parted hairstyles, bobbed hair and waist-length hair etc.
For your next night out on the town, why not try some glitter in your hair, to glam up your look? If you aren’t too confident about whether you’d be able to get the look right, simply discus with your hairstylist.
Your hairstylist will provide you the best advice and service and ensure your look gets the right amount of sparkle.